Thursday, February 01, 2007

Major to be new Air Chief Marshall !
Is this the biggest promotion in the history of the armed forces? Across service lines, from the Army to the Air Force.It could well be unless there was a General Naik running around somewhere.
Must have had a tough time at NDA when he would have been Cdt Major.

I can already hear people saying "kyoon tau fauj mein teer nahin maar sake to vayu sena main ghus gaye?"

But on a more serious note, if I remember correctly, this was the same chap who flew the helicopter in that cable car rescue incident sometime in the 90s, cause I remember making the same joke then.

4 comments:

pRicky said...

could you give me the link to this story...
intrestung this...

The Not So Talkative Man said...

New post on atheism on my blog. Pliss to be checking.

Australopithecus said...

@pricky: it was on NDTV as well as in the papers. Some very cleverly wrote
Fali to be ACM.

Australopithecus said...

@nstm : achcha :) good good.