Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Man bites dog

Much fun, all those who are still on facebook, pliss to go look.

From there I see this news item with a headline.


Movie Made By Chimpanzees To Air On The BBC (VIDEO)


"Wow!" I said to myself. I often talk to myself, I make very interesting conversation. Also, I'm probably the only one who likes the sound of my voice and can tolerate self for more than 10 minutes.

I digress, so where was I? Yes, I was looking at the headline and saying "Wow!" to myself. It could have been worse, I could have imitated an old Vivek Oberoi - drain cleaner err I meant Vanilla coke advert and said "Wakaoooooooo", I am digressing again.

"Wow!"(the same wow, now with 20% extra xylitol). "I did not know that they showed Salman Khan's movies on the BBC." Then it struck me. It boletho, not Salman Khan, he only goes after Black bucks and other dumb creature like that, which brings us back to Vivek Oberoi. Back to the point now. It struck me that the headline said movies BY chimps- so it might not be Sallu.


Then I got this sinking feeling (just like the captain of the Titanic did), they couldn't mean...no that would be inhuman. The BBC for all its faults, is not that sadistic and cruel...they couldn't be telecasting Ramu ki Aag now could they?

So I clicked on the link with great trepidation, only to find, much to my relief - It was not Ramu or Sallu, but our dear distant cousins who share a lot of things with us, including around 98% genetic matter (wow! they do? Should have let them go and write my genetics exams through undergrad- might have done better,because the papers were usually set by one of their biradari wonly).

This could be dangerous no- Chimpanzees live very exciting lives and they roam about with less clothes than Mallika Sherawt, Throw in an item number or two (not by Jane Goodall pliss) and they might give stiff competition to all of Imran Hashmi's films.
Lord knows, they can act better than he can. Soon we will see chimps taking over from the Hindi film industry and hiring Mahesh Bhatt to be their official spokesperson, for obvious reasons. He behaves exactly like a chimp during interviews, scratches here and there and becomes super aggressive suddenly basically like them only fighting for Alpha position.

Soon they may take over our airlines as well, and the airlines will be better managed, slowly this way they spread like some insidious disease and take over the world. You remember Charlton Heston in the Planet of the Apes- our collective batkus will be like that.

Well, by by ours, I mean actually yours, you see an Australopithecus- is halfway between humans and apes. so I'm covered any which way.

No comments: